Students questioned IOE regarding the WRC examination, students mental health and many more issues to the IOE representatives. Following are the points got from today’s interaction with officials of I.O.E :
Up-coming steps that will be taken during this pandemic :
- Results of 5th and 7th sem will be published soon but results of 8th sem might take time.
- The prescheduled exam of shrawn (regular odd sem) will be postponed to bhadra – 21 bhadra to 20 ashoj.
- Exam will be held physically as far as possible.(If pandemic continues then exam will be taken by alternative method).
- Previous semester exams of WRC will be held first as the situations ease.
- Dashain vacation will be provided for about two weeks but the time between dashain and tihar will he used for Entrance exams/back exam.
- Even semester will start from Mangsir 1
- Masters exam which was prescheduled on ashadh 31 is postponed to shrawn
- Exam of two consecutive semester will not be held.
IOE Updating itself too by :
- All faculty will be assigned with faculty funds.
- Percentage system will be upgraded to Grading system.
- 40-60 i.e 40 internal and 60 external exam will be introduced.(Before it was 20-80 i.e 20 internal and 80 external)
- Difference between Internal marks and External Marks should not be more than 25%, otherwise IOE software will do something.
- Hour system will be changed to Credit system.
- Curriculum will be revised and made student friendly, more practical, industry/ market oriented. Internship will be provided in each stream
Also read: Proposed System Update of I.O.E (TU)